A Daycare Assistant Teacher assists and leads teachers in the care, supervision and education of children in child daycare environments. They may also be referred to as a Childcare Assistant, Teacher Aide, Education Assistant, Instructional Aide, Paraprofessional or Paraeducator in some workplace settings.
Daycare Assistant Teachers work with or under the supervision of licensed teachers to perform the following general duties:
- Review learning material with students, either individually or in small groups, to help reinforce lessons presented by lead teachers.
- Supervise students in class, during lunch hour, playtime or recess, and at special events, like field trips.
- Aid in teaching appropriate behavior and social skills to students
- Assist in enforcing school and classroom rules.
- Assist with record keeping, such as attendance records, student progress notes and grades!
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by assembling materials and equipment.
- Provide personal aid and care as necessary to students, such as help with hygiene, eating or toileting, for example.
Teaching Assistant skills and qualifications
A Teaching Assistant uses a variety of soft skills and specialized knowledge to promote a safe, engaging and informational experience in the classroom, including:
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, public speaking and interpersonal conversation
- Great organization and planning skills
- Collaboration and teamwork abilities
- In-depth knowledge of subjects or discipline they’re assisting with
- Understanding of pedagogical best practices
- Ability to engage students of all learning levels and grade levels
- Patience and empathy
- Compassionate, positive and encouraging attitude
- Address 5845 Market St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19139, United States
- Salary Offers $15-18K
- Experience Level Junior